North Bay News
Officers shoot, kill suspect in Sebastopol
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. -- A Sebastopol police officer fatally shot an armed suspect this morning, Santa Rosa police said.
Police responded to a domestic disturbance call at an apartment complex in the 7000 block of Fellers Lane in Sebastopol at around 11:30 a.m.
A female caller had called police and said that she was alone in her apartment and her ex-boyfriend was pounding on the back door, police said.
Police said the first officer to arrive encountered an armed suspect before other officers arrived and the officer fired shots at the suspect.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Sebastopol Police Department invoked a countywide "Critical Incident Protocol" and the Santa Rosa Police Department and Sonoma County District Attorney's Office have taken over the investigation, police said.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending the notification of his next of kin, according to police.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call Santa Rosa police at (707) 543-3590.
shooting, sebastopol, north bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan