North Bay News
Officers shoot, kill suspect in Sebastopol
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. -- A Sebastopol police officer fatally shot an armed suspect this morning, Santa Rosa police said.
Police responded to a domestic disturbance call at an apartment complex in the 7000 block of Fellers Lane in Sebastopol at around 11:30 a.m.
A female caller had called police and said that she was alone in her apartment and her ex-boyfriend was pounding on the back door, police said.
Police said the first officer to arrive encountered an armed suspect before other officers arrived and the officer fired shots at the suspect.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Sebastopol Police Department invoked a countywide "Critical Incident Protocol" and the Santa Rosa Police Department and Sonoma County District Attorney's Office have taken over the investigation, police said.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending the notification of his next of kin, according to police.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call Santa Rosa police at (707) 543-3590.
shooting, sebastopol, north bay news
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges 22 min ago
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday 14 min ago
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
12 min ago
- False hopes dismay in search for missing jet
10 min ago