North Bay News
Officers shoot, kill suspect in Sebastopol
SEBASTOPOL, Calif. -- A Sebastopol police officer fatally shot an armed suspect this morning, Santa Rosa police said.
Police responded to a domestic disturbance call at an apartment complex in the 7000 block of Fellers Lane in Sebastopol at around 11:30 a.m.
A female caller had called police and said that she was alone in her apartment and her ex-boyfriend was pounding on the back door, police said.
Police said the first officer to arrive encountered an armed suspect before other officers arrived and the officer fired shots at the suspect.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Sebastopol Police Department invoked a countywide "Critical Incident Protocol" and the Santa Rosa Police Department and Sonoma County District Attorney's Office have taken over the investigation, police said.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending the notification of his next of kin, according to police.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to call Santa Rosa police at (707) 543-3590.
shooting, sebastopol, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep 8 min ago
- Korean Air A380 hits 2 light poles at LA airport
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 10 min ago
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
10 min ago