South Bay News
Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- For one California Lottery player, the ticket to a great 2012 is already in his or her possession. According to lottery officials, someone who purchased a ticket in San Jose won nearly $223,000 in Friday night's MEGA Millions draw.
The winning ticket matched five of six numbers in the draw and was sold at the Rotten Robbie at 1555 Saratoga Avenue in San Jose. Lottery officials said that the ticket matched the numbers 45, 24, 52, 4 and 46 - missing only the Mega number of 1. Lottery winners should sign the back of their ticket, keep tickets in a safe place and contact lottery officials or visit their local lottery district office as soon as possible. Winners have 180 days from the date of the draw to claim prizes. MEGA Millions is a multistate game played in California and 41 other states plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
lottery, san jose, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 47 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 25 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
16 min ago