San Francisco News
Study: San Francisco rents highest in the country
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco tops the list for having the highest rents in America.
The National Low Income Housing Coalition found the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment in San Francisco is $1,905.
That means a person making minimum wage would have to work 130 hours per week to afford their rent.
The Stamford-Norwalk area of Connecticut came in second, followed by Honolulu, Nassau-Suffolk in New York, and California's Orange County.
Extensive data for every state and metropolitan area is available on the NLIHC.org website.
housing market, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 44 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
46 min ago
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
2 min ago