San Francisco News
Study: San Francisco rents highest in the country
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco tops the list for having the highest rents in America.
The National Low Income Housing Coalition found the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment in San Francisco is $1,905.
That means a person making minimum wage would have to work 130 hours per week to afford their rent.
The Stamford-Norwalk area of Connecticut came in second, followed by Honolulu, Nassau-Suffolk in New York, and California's Orange County.
Extensive data for every state and metropolitan area is available on the NLIHC.org website.
housing market, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos