San Francisco News
Study: San Francisco rents highest in the country
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco tops the list for having the highest rents in America.
The National Low Income Housing Coalition found the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment in San Francisco is $1,905.
That means a person making minimum wage would have to work 130 hours per week to afford their rent.
The Stamford-Norwalk area of Connecticut came in second, followed by Honolulu, Nassau-Suffolk in New York, and California's Orange County.
Extensive data for every state and metropolitan area is available on the NLIHC.org website.
housing market, san francisco news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 46 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 15 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos