Obama on coaching daughter's basketball team
President Obama wears many hats, and on the weekends, he's "First Coach."
The commander in chief recently talked to ESPN about one of his many dad duties: he volunteers to coach daughter Sasha's basketball team.
Obama says during practice he sticks to the basics, such as dribbling, passing and defense. He says sports are good for kids, especially girls because it builds confidence
Speaking to ESPN's Andy Katz, he said: "With the girls, they just think of it as dad, this is what dads are supposed to do. They take it for granted. And, what was fun, this is now the third year that the team has basically played together -- and to see them all develop, to pick each other up when something's not going well -- you can't beat it."
Obama is a big basketball fan. He played for his high school in Hawaii. Now he just plays regularly for fun and exercise.
barack obama, national/world
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover
- Crews retrieving body that washed onto Lands End 23 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87 31 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child 5 min ago
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 45 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 53 min ago