Obama on coaching daughter's basketball team
President Obama wears many hats, and on the weekends, he's "First Coach."
The commander in chief recently talked to ESPN about one of his many dad duties: he volunteers to coach daughter Sasha's basketball team.
Obama says during practice he sticks to the basics, such as dribbling, passing and defense. He says sports are good for kids, especially girls because it builds confidence
Speaking to ESPN's Andy Katz, he said: "With the girls, they just think of it as dad, this is what dads are supposed to do. They take it for granted. And, what was fun, this is now the third year that the team has basically played together -- and to see them all develop, to pick each other up when something's not going well -- you can't beat it."
Obama is a big basketball fan. He played for his high school in Hawaii. Now he just plays regularly for fun and exercise.
barack obama, national/world
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday