East Bay News
Cement truck driver killed in crash in Fremont
FREMONT, Calif. -- A cement truck driver was killed in a collision with a big-rig in Fremont this morning, a police spokesman said.
The crash was reported at about 8:30 a.m. near the intersection of Kato Road and Benicia Street, Fremont police Detective Bill Veteran said.
The cement truck driver, whose name is not yet being released, was killed in the crash while the big-rig driver was hospitalized with injuries that are not considered life-threatening, Veteran said.
The investigation into the collision is expected to close Kato Road for several hours, and motorists are advised to avoid the area, according to police.
fremont, east bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire