South Bay News
'Operation B-Sting' leads to 32 prostitution arrests
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A prostitution sting in San Jose which involved female police officers going undercover to arrest customers for solicitation for prostitution led to 32 arrests Wednesday, San Jose police said.
"Operation B-Sting," named for California Penal Code section 647(b) involved four separate prostitution enforcement sites, according to police.
Three of the operations involved undercover female cops, while the last operation concentrated on arresting prostitutes at a hotel, police said.
Sixty-three officers made 31 arrests on suspicion of prostitution and one arrest on suspicion of loitering with intent to solicit prostitution Wednesday during daytime, afternoon and evening operations.
A "john decoy" held during the day on South First Street and another on Alum Rock Avenue yielded 18 arrests of men for solicitation of prostitution.
A hotel "john decoy" at hotels near the San Jose International Airport led to the arrest of nine men Wednesday afternoon and evening, including one loitering arrest.
In another hotel sting Wednesday evening officers made five arrests of women for solicitation of prostitution.
One of the arrestees was a person reported missing out of Modesto, police said. She was removed the missing person database and classified as an adult voluntary missing person.
The four operations were conducted by the Police Department's special operations metro unit; sexual assaults investigations unit; covert response unit; and patrol division.
san jose, crime, south bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice 26 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments 48 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home 54 min ago
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Cold snap damages plants in Bay Area yards
10 min ago