South Bay News
Naked man leads police on chase through SJ airport
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A naked man at San Jose International Airport led police on a chase this morning before he was arrested, San Jose police said.
The 25-year-old man was spotted walking through the airport parking garage at 1661 Airport Blvd. around 6:35 a.m., nude and behaving erratically, according to police.
Arriving officers found the man near the south end of the parking garage, but he bolted and led the officers on a foot chase through the garage and into Terminal B of the airport, police said.
Officers managed to arrest the man outside a security checkpoint in the terminal after he resisted arrest and fought with officers, according to police.
One officer suffered moderate injuries during the arrest. He was taken to a hospital for treatment for injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
The transient man was taken to Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose to be medically cleared before being booked at Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of burglary, indecent exposure and resisting arresting resulting in injury to a peace officer, police said.
The suspect was not injured during the arrest, police said.
Officers believe the man forced entry into an airport fire station before he was seen walking nude in the garage. His clothing and personal items were found inside Fire Station 20 following an investigation, police said.
Airport and flight operations were unaffected by the incident. The man did not enter restricted areas and compromise security, police said.
san jose, mineta san jose international airport, SJPD, south bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 30 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 12 min ago
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos