North Bay News
British contender vies for World's Ugliest Dog crown
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- The North Bay's annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest is getting its first contestant from across the pond.
Celebrity pooch Mugly and his owner, Bev Nicholson, arrived from Britain on Monday. Mugly, an 8-year-old Chinese crescent, has already been named Britain's ugliest dog. He's the first-ever British entry in the World's Ugliest Dog Contest, held every year at the Sonoma-Marin County Fair in Petaluma.
Mugly might have some stiff competition though. Icky, from Davis, is also vying for top dog honors. And Icky's owner, John Adler, has high hopes.
The contest is this Friday and first prize is $1,000.
Watch the video clip above for Wayne Freedman's full report on this year's contenders.
petaluma, sonoma county, marin county, animal, north bay news, wayne freedman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 32 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 18 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body