North Bay News
British contender vies for World's Ugliest Dog crown
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- The North Bay's annual World's Ugliest Dog Contest is getting its first contestant from across the pond.
Celebrity pooch Mugly and his owner, Bev Nicholson, arrived from Britain on Monday. Mugly, an 8-year-old Chinese crescent, has already been named Britain's ugliest dog. He's the first-ever British entry in the World's Ugliest Dog Contest, held every year at the Sonoma-Marin County Fair in Petaluma.
Mugly might have some stiff competition though. Icky, from Davis, is also vying for top dog honors. And Icky's owner, John Adler, has high hopes.
The contest is this Friday and first prize is $1,000.
Watch the video clip above for Wayne Freedman's full report on this year's contenders.
petaluma, sonoma county, marin county, animal, north bay news, wayne freedman
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 28 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
19 min ago