East Bay News
Fire destroys at least one home on Mt. Diablo
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Fire crews have contained a two-alarm structure and vegetation fire near Mt. Diablo State Park in Contra Costa County Tuesday afternoon, according to a San Ramon Valley Fire District battalion chief.
The fire was reported at a single-family home near the 2300 block of Mt. Diablo Scenic Boulevard shortly after 3 p.m., Battalion Chief Derek Krause said.
Krause said the blaze had been contained and no injuries had been reported as of 4:30 p.m.
Cal Fire also responded to fire and the cause was not immediately known, Krause said.
fire, brush fire, contra costa county, east bay news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash 26 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting 23 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos