San Francisco News
SF firefighters knock down fire at Stern Grove
SAN FRANCISCO -- A brush fire scorched a hillside at San Francisco's Stern Grove early this morning, a San Francisco assistant fire chief said.
About three-quarters of an acre burned in an area east of the park's clubhouse around 2 a.m., Assistant Chief Tom Siragusa said.
The fire was under control by about 2:30 a.m., Siragusa said.
No one was injured in the blaze, and the cause remains under investigation.
The fire did not damage the stage area where weekly summer concerts are held, Siragusa said.
The park is located at Sloat Boulevard and 19th Avenue.
sffd, fire, san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 41 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole 29 min ago
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge 28 min ago
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo 39 min ago
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail 44 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos