New York woman makes business out of snuggling
A New York woman is hoping her new business becomes the next niche industry -- snuggling.
Snuggling, cuddling, whatever you call it, 29-year-old Jackie Samuel charges $60 an hour to do it. She's made it clear her business, "The Snuggery," is not about sex, but about relaxation and physical comfort.
She's also working without a license, but that's only because there isn't one.
"I thought, I need to kind of validate my position," Samuel said. "I need some kind of certification or license to show I'm a qualified cuddler, but I couldn't find anybody else who was doing what I was doing so I decided to just start."
Studies do show cuddling reduces stress and blood pressure.
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville 23 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span 21 min ago
- Palo Alto man arrested in Czech murders case 45 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday