New York woman makes business out of snuggling
A New York woman is hoping her new business becomes the next niche industry -- snuggling.
Snuggling, cuddling, whatever you call it, 29-year-old Jackie Samuel charges $60 an hour to do it. She's made it clear her business, "The Snuggery," is not about sex, but about relaxation and physical comfort.
She's also working without a license, but that's only because there isn't one.
"I thought, I need to kind of validate my position," Samuel said. "I need some kind of certification or license to show I'm a qualified cuddler, but I couldn't find anybody else who was doing what I was doing so I decided to just start."
Studies do show cuddling reduces stress and blood pressure.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 26 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
28 min ago