San Francisco News
Police release suspect sketch in Ingleside murder
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco police Tuesday released more information about a fatal shooting in the city's Ingleside neighborhood last month, as well as a sketch of the suspected killer.
Ermias Kassaye, 26, was killed in the shooting, which was reported at 12:18 a.m. on June 28 near the intersection of Howth Street and Mt. Vernon Avenue.
Police said today that Kassaye was shot execution-style on the street after a possible robbery attempt or case of mistaken identity.
After the shooting, the suspect got into the backseat of a car that went north on Louisburg Street and then south on Geneva Avenue, according to police.
The suspect's car was followed by a dark-colored SUV, police said.
Investigators believe the suspects and vehicles involved in the case may be responsible for an ongoing series of armed robberies and other crimes that may be gang-related, according to police.
The shooter was described as a black male between 16 and 25 years and between 5 feet 7 inches and 6 feet tall with a thin build. He had long dreadlocks and was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt with a colorful design on the front, police said.
The vehicle was described as a four-door, 1995-2005 Pontiac Grand Am that was either gray, silver or gold, according to police.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Inspector John Cagney of the department's homicide detail at (415) 734-3181. People calling after hours can contact the police operations center at (415) 553-1071.
Callers wishing to remain anonymous can also use the department's tip line at (415) 575-4444.
SFPD, ingleside, crime, murder, shooting, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos