Seeing-eye dog rescues owner from gas leak
ALABAMA (KGO) -- A seeing-eye dog in Alabama is being hailed as a hero after saving its owner's life.
Nancy Jones started to feel woozy and light-headed inside her house on Monday, that's when dog Pooh grabbed her leash, and nudged Jones to put it on her. The dog then dragged her out of the house. It turns out there was a gas leak that could have killed Jones.
"Brought it to me, made me put it on her, and literally drug me out the front door," said Jones.
Jones says she is amazed that Pooh was able to get her leash which was hanging six feet up on a wall.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 18 min ago
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos