South Bay News
Two-alarm fire burning at apartment building in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Fire crews are battling a two-alarm fire at a San Jose apartment building this morning, fire Capt. Mary Gutierrez said.
Firefighters responded to multiple reports of a fire just before 9 a.m., at 340 Auburn Way, Gutierrez said. It appeared the fire was burning on the second floor of the apartment building, she said.
By 9:06 a.m., the fire had been upgraded to two alarms, Gutierrez said.
san jose, fire, south bay news
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO 18 min ago
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States 11 min ago
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 42 min ago
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show 11 min ago
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday