Bay Area Traffic
Fatal accident and spill cleared from NB I-238
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Traffic was snarled along state Highway 238 in San Leandro hours after a crash involving two big rigs and a car that killed at least one person, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported around 5:20 a.m. on northbound Highway 238 just south of Hesperian Boulevard and near the Interstate Highway 880 connector in Hayward, according to the CHP. The collision caused the car to become trapped underneath one of the big rigs and one of the big rigs.
Alameda County Fire crews attempted to extract the driver of the car pinned underneath the big rig, but the driver was declared dead around 6:30 a.m., according to the CHP.
san leandro, bay area traffic
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 1 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos