Man and aging dog get worldwide attention
A man and his aging dog are getting worldwide attention after a picture of them floating in Lake Superior went viral on the Internet.
John Unger and his adopted dog Schoep have been pals for 18 years, but time is catching up. The shepherd mix has lost his sight and suffers from arthritis, so man and best friend make regular trips into the shallows of Lake Superior, where the water offers some temporary relief.
Since the image of Unger and Schoep hit the Internet, people from around the world have offered to pay for the dog's medication and treatment.
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday