Man and aging dog get worldwide attention
A man and his aging dog are getting worldwide attention after a picture of them floating in Lake Superior went viral on the Internet.
John Unger and his adopted dog Schoep have been pals for 18 years, but time is catching up. The shepherd mix has lost his sight and suffers from arthritis, so man and best friend make regular trips into the shallows of Lake Superior, where the water offers some temporary relief.
Since the image of Unger and Schoep hit the Internet, people from around the world have offered to pay for the dog's medication and treatment.
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 4 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition 4 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 44 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 25 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 24 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 5 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos