East Bay News
4 fatally shot in 3 separate Oakland shootings
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police are dealing with an extremely violent eight hours in which four people were shot to death. The most recent was at 6 a.m. when two people were killed at 72nd and International Boulevard. This follows two earlier shootings on MacArthur Boulevard last night within an hour-and-a-half of each other.
The most recent shooting happened when two men were sitting in a van together. Investigators believe someone went up and shot and killed both men. Two hours later, the whole neighborhood was out crying, embracing and watching the investigators.
Jasmaine Shivers said one of the victims is her cousin, Robert Dell. She says the 23-year-old was a hard worker, loved his family -- lived for his two-year-old son. She says he worked the night shift, and had gotten off of work at 10:30 last night. She and others believe he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
"I mean everybody that knew him knew he wasn't no trouble starter. They knew he wasn't out here, all he would do is work and literally come home. He don't hang out, he don't do nothing. If you want to come see him, you come see him. He don't hang out," said Shivers.
"Someone may have seen something, heard something. But in order to reduce gun violence, we have to work together. The community has been instrumental in the past in providing information that has led to arrest. We ask anyone to come forward with any information regarding this morning's shootings or last night's shootings," said Oakland Police Dept. Ofc. Johnna Watson.
This morning's killings come on the heels of two fatal shootings last night. Two men were killed in two separate shootings down the street from one another on MacArthur Boulevard, also in east Oakland. This morning's shooting deaths mark the 88th and 89th in Oakland this year.
oakland, shooting, east bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 46 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash 24 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
9 min ago