South Bay News
SJ police believe fatal shooting may be gang-related
SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- A teenager has become the 43rd homicide victim this year in San Jose.
Police say the 17-year-old was found shot to death Friday at about 11:30 p.m. near Pacific and Lincoln avenues.
Investigators think it may be gang-related, but they have not released any suspect information.
The murder rate in San Jose now matches a 20-year high reached back in 1997.
san jose, shooting, guns, crime, gang violence, south bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Mountain View police searching for missing boy 18 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 36 min ago
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 9 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 21 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
34 min ago