I-5 reopened after 60 car pileup near Yreka
YREKA, Calif. (KGO) -- Interstate 5 has reopened to some traffic near the Oregon state line after being closed all night.
Northbound traffic is being escorted through Siskiyou County after a massive 60 car pileup near Hornbrook, north of Yreka that shut down the interstate. Crews have been working through the night to clear the way for drivers.
It all started when a big rig hit a concrete median in bad weather that triggered a chain reaction pileup that stretched more than two miles. Sixteen people were hurt and seven people were taken to the hospital. This morning the area remains under a winter weather advisory.
I-5, california news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed