I-5 reopened after 60 car pileup near Yreka
YREKA, Calif. (KGO) -- Interstate 5 has reopened to some traffic near the Oregon state line after being closed all night.
Northbound traffic is being escorted through Siskiyou County after a massive 60 car pileup near Hornbrook, north of Yreka that shut down the interstate. Crews have been working through the night to clear the way for drivers.
It all started when a big rig hit a concrete median in bad weather that triggered a chain reaction pileup that stretched more than two miles. Sixteen people were hurt and seven people were taken to the hospital. This morning the area remains under a winter weather advisory.
I-5, california news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday