North Bay News
Dead man found inside trunk of his own car
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. (KGO) -- The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office is investigating a man's body found Monday night in the trunk of a car parked on Petaluma Hill Road across the street from Sonoma State University.
A new twist developed in the case Tuesday morning when it was revealed that the man was found in the trunk of his own car. Detectives believe someone left the vehicle on Petaluma Hill Road on Saturday. Deputies found it Monday night and inside, they found the body of a man later identified as 31-year-old Sean Francis Parker.
Police also discovered some blood in the driver's seat which they believe came from the Parker's girlfriend during an incident last Friday night. "A domestic violence incident occurred in Santa Rosa on Friday night involving our deceased and his girlfriend," said Lt. Dennis O'Leary with the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department. "We don't know at this time if that incident is related to what occurred here, if there was some other factors involved in this case."
Parker was the suspect in that incident and investigators confirm his girlfriend was the victim. Police say the couple had a history of domestic violence, but they also say they spoke to the female, cleared her, and that she is not a suspect in her Parker's murder.
Investigators say Parker had addresses listed in both Santa Rosa and Vallejo. Police have not yet said how Parker was killed. The investigation into his death continues.
sonoma county, rohnert park, crime, murder, north bay news, amy hollyfield
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off 2 min ago
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Police conduct statewide underage drinking sting
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos