Report: Kaepernick turns down invitations to Oscars
ATLANTA (KGO) -- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is shying away from the spotlight just weeks after his first Super Bowl appearance.
The Sacramento Bee reports Kaepernick received invitations to both the Grammys and the Oscars, but turned them down. He's also apparently been offered a book deal. Instead though, Kaepernick is training in Atlanta. His workouts usually start at 8 a.m. and last until the late afternoon. Kaepernick's father says his son is in Atlanta because he would never get anything done if he stayed closer to home.
Kaepernick is a native of Turlock.
colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 35 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos