San Francisco News
Two children injured in car accident in SF's Tenderloin neighborhood
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two children were injured in a two-car crash in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood and two others are OK. The accident happened at Ellis and Larkin Streets at 7:30 a.m.
Police are still looking into exactly what happened. They're getting conflicting accounts from the people in both cars.
One witness told ABC7 News that he saw one car run a red light and the other car sideswipe it. The Hyundai is the car a witness says ran the red light. The Mercedes with two adults and four children inside reportedly had the right of way.
After the crash the children in the Mercedes were taken to a local hospital. A witness says that one of the children was bleeding from the mouth.
Police say the man and woman in the Hyundai tried to escape by loading their stuff into a cab.
"There was a witness who saw people these people loading property from the Hyundai, the vehicle on my left, into the back of a taxi cab," Sgt. William Bush said.
"They were trying to load the cab up and an officer that was driving an unmarked car cut them off, which is a good thing. So I said, 'right on man.' You know, save our city, save our neighborhood," witness Brian Whitten said.
Both suspects who were in the Hyundai have been detained until police can figure out what happened.
Police say they're going to try to get surveillance footage from this corner to help them piece together answers as their investigation continues.
crash, SFPD, tenderloin, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
22 min ago