Bay Area Traffic
1 dead, 2 hospitalized after crash on I-580
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- A fatal single vehicle accident on westbound I-580 in Livermore closed the highway for hours this morning. One person is dead and two people are injured from the accident.
The crash was reported at about 8:15 a.m. just west of the Airway Boulevard off-ramp. A black Land Rover was traveling west on the highway at about 35 mph during the morning commute when the driver jerked the car left and it overturned. The CHP is still investigating what caused the driver to veer suddenly. Two passengers were ejected from the SUV, and a third remained inside and crawled out.
The driver was one of the two people ejected; he is a 32-year-old man from Tracy and was pronounced dead at the scene. The other two victims, a man and a woman, were taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley -- one by air, another by land -- to be treated for major injuries. The woman is a 40-year-old female from Tracy. The 30-year-old male passenger, who was sitting in the right front seat, has less severe injuries compared to the woman.
According to the CHP, the initial investigation shows that all of the occupants were not wearing a seatbelts.
The highway was reopened around 10:40 a.m.
Bay City News has contributed to this report
I-580, livermore, crash, bay area traffic, laura anthony
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 6 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 8 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos