East Bay News
Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
LIVERMORE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters now have a wildfire in Livermore along Interstate 580 under control.
They shut down part of the freeway near Altamont Pass Road because of thick smoke.
The fire jumped the freeway at one point and sparked on the other side.
Westbound lanes were closed around 2 p.m. They a little over an hour later.
The fire charred about 50 acres.
livermore, I-580, fire, wildfire, east bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday