Local KGO radio icon Gene Burns dies at the age of 72
A longtime talk radio host at KGO has died. Gene Burns was 72.
He began talking on AM 810 in 1995. His nightly seven to ten show was ritual listening for many people.
Burns also hosted a popular weekend program called "Dining Around with Gene Burns".
He was ranked among the top 25 radio talk show hosts of all-time by Talkers Magazine.
Burns suffered a stroke last January.
The cause of his death has not been released.
radio, celebrity, celebrity deaths, entertainment
- Wounded San Francisco police officer back in surgery 12 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery 27 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 40 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 54 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Officials investigating acid spill at...
27 min ago