Local KGO radio icon Gene Burns dies at the age of 72
A longtime talk radio host at KGO has died. Gene Burns was 72.
He began talking on AM 810 in 1995. His nightly seven to ten show was ritual listening for many people.
Burns also hosted a popular weekend program called "Dining Around with Gene Burns".
He was ranked among the top 25 radio talk show hosts of all-time by Talkers Magazine.
Burns suffered a stroke last January.
The cause of his death has not been released.
radio, celebrity, celebrity deaths, entertainment
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed