Artemis returns to bay for first time since accident
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Artemis Racing team returned to San Francisco Bay for practice Tuesday for the first time since a teammate was killed during training last month.
The Swedish sailing team is still considering whether to compete in the America's Cup, following the death of one of its sailors. Andrew "Bart" Simpson died on May 9 when his boat capsized, trapping him underwater.
Artemis Racing says it will only compete if its sailing team feels safe.
america's cup, san francisco bay, sports
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 59 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Mountain lion caught on camera in Hollywood Hlls 27 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 20 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 52 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos