Artemis returns to bay for first time since accident
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Artemis Racing team returned to San Francisco Bay for practice Tuesday for the first time since a teammate was killed during training last month.
The Swedish sailing team is still considering whether to compete in the America's Cup, following the death of one of its sailors. Andrew "Bart" Simpson died on May 9 when his boat capsized, trapping him underwater.
Artemis Racing says it will only compete if its sailing team feels safe.
america's cup, san francisco bay, sports
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 15 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins 31 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 25 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 19 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos