East Bay News
Chase ends in injury crash on Hwy 4 in Martinez
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- A high-speed chase ended in a collision on state Highway 4 in Martinez early this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A two-door Toyota Solara crashed on state Highway 4 near Alhambra Avenue at about 1 a.m., according to the CHP.
The vehicle's two occupants were injured in the crash. The driver was transported by ambulance to Highland Hospital in Oakland and the passenger was transported by helicopter to a hospital in Fairfield, according to the CHP.
The pursuit began when officers attempted to pull over the driver of the vehicle for driving recklessly.
martinez, highway 4, crash, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case