San Francisco News
Filming for new movie continues in San Francisco's North Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Filming for the new "Planet of the Apes" movie is continuing in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood.
A wrecked police car was part of the scenery for the new film, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes."
Drivers and pedestrians in the area may face detours when the actual filming takes place. You might also find less parking, as the scenery and production equipment is taking up parking spaces on nearby streets.
The film is about a group of scientists in San Francisco who try to survive in the aftermath of a deadly plague. It's the sequel of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," which was also shot in San Francisco and Muir Woods.
The upcoming movie stars Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, and Keri Russell.
It opens in theaters next July.
north beach, movies, celebrity, san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 20 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 18 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full...
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos