Bay Area Traffic
Union reaches tentative deal with AC Transit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 192 reached a tentative agreement with AC Transit late Tuesday night, avoiding a potential strike for the bus system.
The union, which represents 1,800 bus operators, dispatchers, maintenance and clerical workers, reached a three-year deal with management that includes a 9.5 percent raise.
"This agreement protects workers, helps riders, and keep service running." ATU Local 192 President Yvonne Williams said.
Monday, the union had issued a notice that they would go on strike at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday unless progress was made in talks with management.
The agreement still needs to be ratified by union members in a vote later this month.
ac transit, strike, unions, transportation, oakland, emeryville, transbay terminal, bay area traffic
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday