Bay Area Traffic
Union reaches tentative deal with AC Transit
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 192 reached a tentative agreement with AC Transit late Tuesday night, avoiding a potential strike for the bus system.
The union, which represents 1,800 bus operators, dispatchers, maintenance and clerical workers, reached a three-year deal with management that includes a 9.5 percent raise.
"This agreement protects workers, helps riders, and keep service running." ATU Local 192 President Yvonne Williams said.
Monday, the union had issued a notice that they would go on strike at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday unless progress was made in talks with management.
The agreement still needs to be ratified by union members in a vote later this month.
ac transit, strike, unions, transportation, oakland, emeryville, transbay terminal, bay area traffic
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos