North Bay News
Police identify teen killed in drive-by shooting in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- Vallejo police have released the name of a young man who was fatally shot while sitting in a parked car with two other teens on Louisiana Street on Friday night as 18-year-old Jose Alfredo Deharo.
Deharo and two juveniles, ages 15 and 16, were shot at about 11:20 p.m. while sitting in a white Honda in the 600 block of Louisiana Street, near City Park. Investigators found the Honda riddled with bullets on the driver's side, police said.
Deharo, a Vallejo resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. The 16-year-old's injuries were not life-threatening and he was taken to a hospital, police Lt. Kevin Bartlett said.
The 15-year-old victim suffered serious injuries and was also hospitalized, Bartlett said.
Witnesses said a brown vehicle similar to a Honda drove by the victims' car and someone inside opened fire, Bartlett said. The suspect vehicle was last seen traveling north on Marin Street.
Police have not released any information about a possible motive for the killing, which marked Vallejo's 15th homicide this year.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to contact Detective M. Mustard or Detective F. Rodriguez at (800) 488-9383.
Information may also be delivered anonymously to the Solano Crime Stoppers tip line at (707) 644-STOP.
vallejo, crime, shooting, north bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 55 min ago
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 12 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency 36 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos