San Francisco News
Arrests made in attempted robbery of KRON 4 News crew
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Two teenagers are under arrest in connection with an attempted robbery and shooting Friday night involving a security guard working with a KRON 4 News crew.
Police say Armani McFarland and John Woods, each 19 and from San Francisco, are charged with robbery and conspiracy, the department said.
The incident happened at Third Street and La Salle Avenue in the city's Bayview District.
Police tell us two armed men demanded reporter Jeff Bush's equipment. He handed it over to the men and then took cover.
The security guard working with Bush fired shots at the men.
One of the men was hit. They took off in a car.
Police say that a person walked into San Francisco General Hospital a short-time later with gunshot wounds. Police said one of the suspects was treated for a "non-life threatening" gunshot wound, but didn't identify the man.
The holdup is the latest in a spate of robberies of San Francisco Bay Area news crews.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
san francisco general hospital, shooting, crime, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect
- India says Malaysia seeking help in search for jet 26 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif. 20 min ago
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug 38 min ago
- Boat crashes into rocks near Oyster Point Marina 30 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Groups protest chemicals used in iPhone 13 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos