Air Quality District offering to buy back high-polluting cars
If you have an older car, now may be a good time to get some money for it. The Bay Area Air Quality District has $7 million to get higher-polluting cars off the roads.
The car must be a 1994 model or older, it must be registered in the bay area -- and in drivable condition and it has to pass a smog check.
Those who qualify can get $1,000.
bay area air quality management district, local news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos