San Francisco News
Golden Gate Bridge fog horn malfunctions overnight
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- One of the three fog horns on the Golden Gate Bridge got stuck.
From 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. the horn was blaring in one continuous tone. People were calling 911; some claiming aliens were attacking the city.
Workers finally disconnected all three horns on the bridge. We don't yet know why the horn got stuck. The horns are 70-years-old.
golden gate bridge, san francisco news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos