South Bay News
Controlled burn held in Santa Cruz Mountains
SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS, Calif. (KGO) -- People near the Santa Cruz Mountains may see plumes of smoke this weekend.
Cal Fire is doing controlled burns in Big Basin State Park.
The National Weather Service tweeted a picture showing one of the plumes from space.
The burns will continue through Sunday.
cal fire, santa cruz mountains, fire, south bay news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 22 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 6 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos