Giant stingray pulled from Atlantic Ocean
A rare stingray was pulled from the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida. It's called a giant whipping stingray.
This one was 14-feet long and weighed over 800 pounds. The captain and crew said it took them four hours to land the fish, which they originally thought was some kind of dinosaur.
The ray hooked the line 500 feet below the surface. It was tagged and released.
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos