San Francisco News
SF police ID teen as Silver Terrace shooting victim
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 16-year-old boy has been identified as the victim of a fatal shooting in San Francisco's Silver Terrace neighborhood late Saturday night, according to the medical examiner's office.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting near Alemany Boulevard and southbound Interstate Highway 280 at about 11 p.m., according to San Francisco police.
San Francisco resident Clifton Chatman suffered at least one gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
A second shooting victim was taken to a hospital in serious condition.
Investigators had not determined if the shooting was gang related.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or to send a tip by text message to TIP411 with "SFPD" in the message.
crime, violence, shooting, guns, SFPD, I-280, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued