Parents of Asiana teen killed sue city of San Francisco
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The parents of the teen killed after the Asiana crash at SFO have filed a legal claim against the city of San Francisco.
Mengyuan Ye died on July 6, 2013 after she was hit by two fire San Francisco Fire Department trucks at the scene of the plane crash.
The girl's parents claim the firefighters knowingly put the 16-year-old in harm's way after the crash. The claim says the girl was killed as a result of gross negligence.
If the city rejects the claim, the family can file a lawsuit.
Asiana Airlines crash, plane crash, crash, san francisco international airport, china, NTSB, lawsuit, peninsula news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber 54 min ago
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology
- 'Selfie' section added to Apple's iTunes App Store 53 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House 37 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos