Danville native starts US tour with Korean band U-KISS
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- You may not have heard of them yet, but a Korean pop group called "U-KISS" has millions of fans around the world. On Saturday night they're making their San Francisco debut.
Some of their most devoted fans have been camped outside of the Warfield Theater in San Francisco since midnight.
One of the main performers, 22-year-old Kevin Woo, is from the East Bay.
This is the first time he'll be performing for his hometown audience since he joined the group. He says he's excited about this opportunity.
"When I was younger I would pass by the Warfield Theater all the time," he said. "So I would always dream about when I would come to this theater and perform, but today is the day. It's a big day."
Woo was raised in Danville and went to Monte Vista High.
This is the first U.S. tour for U-KISS.
music, south korea, celebrity, danville, entertainment
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 58 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut 4 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
58 min ago