Danville native starts US tour with Korean band U-KISS
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- You may not have heard of them yet, but a Korean pop group called "U-KISS" has millions of fans around the world. On Saturday night they're making their San Francisco debut.
Some of their most devoted fans have been camped outside of the Warfield Theater in San Francisco since midnight.
One of the main performers, 22-year-old Kevin Woo, is from the East Bay.
This is the first time he'll be performing for his hometown audience since he joined the group. He says he's excited about this opportunity.
"When I was younger I would pass by the Warfield Theater all the time," he said. "So I would always dream about when I would come to this theater and perform, but today is the day. It's a big day."
Woo was raised in Danville and went to Monte Vista High.
This is the first U.S. tour for U-KISS.
music, south korea, celebrity, danville, entertainment
- Collapse feared at site of massive 5-alarm fire in SF 28 min ago
- FBI searching for Bay Area bombing suspect 29 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 13 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos