San Francisco News
3 SF shooting suspects caught in Mountain View
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Saturday afternoon there was a high speed chase and manhunt on the peninsula. Three suspects believed to be involved in a San Francisco shooting, that took place on Friday, were arrested in Mountain View.
The car the suspects were driving was a Toyota that had its front grill smashed in and it came to a stop along Highway 101, across the street from Moffett Field.
Around 3:30 p.m. police say the Toyota backed intro a San Francisco patrol car on Ordway Street near Girard Street in San Francisco. The police car lost its front grill and the airbags did deploy, but the two officers in the car were not hurt.
Police had been following the Toyota in the Bayview because it matched the description of a vehicle involved in a shooting that occurred on Friday at Golden Gate Avenue and Fillmore in San Francisco.
After the impact on Ordway, the Toyota with the three suspects inside took off. The chase went southbound on Highway 101 with San Francisco police in pursuit. They lost the car at Oyster Point and that's when the CHP picked up the chase through San Mateo County. The CHP eventually called it off because of the weather and pooling in the road.
The suspects' car also collided with another car on Highway 101. No one was hurt but the three suspects inside then bolted in the area of Leong Drive in Mountain View and they were eventually caught. At least two of the suspects are minors, they were all taken into custody and at this point police appear to be investigating what they are calling an assault on a police officer.
SFPD, police chase, bayview hunters point, mountain view, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body