San Francisco News
Driver arrested after fatal pedestrian accident in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- The driver involved in a crash that killed a pedestrian in San Francisco's Pacific Heights neighborhood this morning has been arrested, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a crash in the area of Van Ness and Pacific avenues at about 12:55 a.m., Officer Gordon Shyy said.
When officers arrived, they found a person on the roadway, according to Shyy.
The pedestrian, whose name has not yet been released, was pronounced dead at the scene, he said.
Investigators learned that the driver began to walk away from the scene, heading west on Pacific Avenue, after the crash, according to Shyy.
Shyy said when officers arrived at the scene, witnesses pointed the driver out and he was detained.
He was later arrested for felony vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run.
Police have not yet released the name of the driver.
pedestrian struck, pacific heights, sffd, SFPD, san francisco news
- San Leandro police search for missing 10-year-old boy 5 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 37 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
28 min ago