Palin responds to critics, starts new controversy
TUSCON, Ariz. -- It was revealed Wednesday that the suspect in the Arizona shooting, Jared Loughner, was stopped by police for running a red light the morning of the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
The officer wrote down Loughlin's license and registration info, finding that he had no outstanding warrants, let him go with a warning.
President and Mrs. Obama are in Arizona for Wednesday night's public memorial to honor Saturday's victims.
After five days of blame for the tragedy being heaped upon her by bloggers and some on the left, Sarah Palin responded and said this.
Instead of calming things down, she started a new controversy when she said this.
In case you didn't know, the phrase "blood libel" is very offensive to many of the Jewish faith because it refers to the anti-Semitic lie from the Middle Ages that Jews killed Christian babies and used their blood to make matzo for Passover. It is misinformation that has been used for centuries in Europe as an excuse to kill Jewish people.
the lead, tucson shooting, 7live
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 47 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 18 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
18 min ago