Palin responds to critics, starts new controversy
TUSCON, Ariz. -- It was revealed Wednesday that the suspect in the Arizona shooting, Jared Loughner, was stopped by police for running a red light the morning of the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
The officer wrote down Loughlin's license and registration info, finding that he had no outstanding warrants, let him go with a warning.
President and Mrs. Obama are in Arizona for Wednesday night's public memorial to honor Saturday's victims.
After five days of blame for the tragedy being heaped upon her by bloggers and some on the left, Sarah Palin responded and said this.
Instead of calming things down, she started a new controversy when she said this.
In case you didn't know, the phrase "blood libel" is very offensive to many of the Jewish faith because it refers to the anti-Semitic lie from the Middle Ages that Jews killed Christian babies and used their blood to make matzo for Passover. It is misinformation that has been used for centuries in Europe as an excuse to kill Jewish people.
the lead, tucson shooting, 7live
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos