Palin responds to critics, starts new controversy
TUSCON, Ariz. -- It was revealed Wednesday that the suspect in the Arizona shooting, Jared Loughner, was stopped by police for running a red light the morning of the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
The officer wrote down Loughlin's license and registration info, finding that he had no outstanding warrants, let him go with a warning.
President and Mrs. Obama are in Arizona for Wednesday night's public memorial to honor Saturday's victims.
After five days of blame for the tragedy being heaped upon her by bloggers and some on the left, Sarah Palin responded and said this.
Instead of calming things down, she started a new controversy when she said this.
In case you didn't know, the phrase "blood libel" is very offensive to many of the Jewish faith because it refers to the anti-Semitic lie from the Middle Ages that Jews killed Christian babies and used their blood to make matzo for Passover. It is misinformation that has been used for centuries in Europe as an excuse to kill Jewish people.
the lead, tucson shooting, 7live
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday