Klepto cat's family displays kitty's stolen loot
People in one San Mateo neighborhood can finally rest easy. There was a prowler on the loose, and he has finally been caught. His name is Dusty and he's a cat. That's right, Dusty the klepto-cat.
The TV network Animal Planet recently captured night video of the sticky-clawed feline in action. Dusty has a long history of scouting the neighborhood for loot. Over the course of the last three years his owners claim that he has stolen more than 600 items.
Dusty steals anything from forgotten toys to women's undergarments.
Neighbors say they have gotten used to it and now know where to look for their missing things.
We talked with Dusty's owners, Jean Chu and Jim Coleman, about their notorious feline. Watch our interview with them in the video clip above to see all the loot Dusty's stolen.
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 17 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins 33 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 27 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 21 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos