Police investigating Hwy 101 shooting in San Carlos
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A frightening afternoon on Highway 101 near San Carlos when at least one person was shot, then swerved across the highway and crashed into a fence.
Around 3:30 p.m. Sunday an apparent shooting victim was involved in a crash just north of the Holly Street exit. Witnesses tell the CHP they saw the vehicle, a red Dodge Charger, weaving in the southbound lanes before it veered off and crashed.The CHP says there was at least one shooting victim inside the car, which also held at least one other passenger, "There were a couple victims that were transported to Stanford, I don't know exactly how many," CHP Officer Art Montiel said. "And at the same time, with the shooting, it looks like a collision occurred as a result of the shooting."
Earlier reports from the CHP were that one of the victims suffered a head wound. Officials are still unsure as to who did the shooting and why. They're asking any motorists that witnessed the incident to give them a call.
san carlos, CHP, guns, shooting, crash, highway 101, peninsula news
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 18 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack 59 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use 46 min ago
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos