Police investigating Hwy 101 shooting in San Carlos
SAN CARLOS, Calif. (KGO) -- A frightening afternoon on Highway 101 near San Carlos when at least one person was shot, then swerved across the highway and crashed into a fence.
Around 3:30 p.m. Sunday an apparent shooting victim was involved in a crash just north of the Holly Street exit. Witnesses tell the CHP they saw the vehicle, a red Dodge Charger, weaving in the southbound lanes before it veered off and crashed.The CHP says there was at least one shooting victim inside the car, which also held at least one other passenger, "There were a couple victims that were transported to Stanford, I don't know exactly how many," CHP Officer Art Montiel said. "And at the same time, with the shooting, it looks like a collision occurred as a result of the shooting."
Earlier reports from the CHP were that one of the victims suffered a head wound. Officials are still unsure as to who did the shooting and why. They're asking any motorists that witnessed the incident to give them a call.
san carlos, CHP, guns, shooting, crash, highway 101, peninsula news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Teen remembered 19 years after unsolved murder
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee; Shampoo
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday