San Francisco News
Remains of old shipwreck resurface at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The remains of a 133-year old clipper ship have resurfaced at Ocean Beach.
It is the wreckage of the King Philip, a clipper ship that ran aground in 1878. It occasionally surfaces when winter storms and tides wash away the sand.
Helga Walther sent is these pictures via uReport powered by YouTube.
The National Park Service says the King Philip is the best preserved wreck of a wooden ship in the Bay Area.
ocean beach, uReport, san francisco news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 31 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
31 min ago
- San Francisco, Santa Clara celebrating...
5 min ago