San Francisco News
Remains of old shipwreck resurface at Ocean Beach
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The remains of a 133-year old clipper ship have resurfaced at Ocean Beach.
It is the wreckage of the King Philip, a clipper ship that ran aground in 1878. It occasionally surfaces when winter storms and tides wash away the sand.
Helga Walther sent is these pictures via uReport powered by YouTube.
The National Park Service says the King Philip is the best preserved wreck of a wooden ship in the Bay Area.
ocean beach, uReport, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 11 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers 45 min ago
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 40 min ago
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday