GoDaddy scrambles to fix outage problem
GoDaddy, one of the nation's largest web hosting companies is scrambling to get thousands of sites it services back up and running.
The website host confirmed it is experiencing intermittent outages to customers' sites but would not say how many.
The company also would not say what caused the problem, but a hacker who claimed to be from Brazil took credit for the outage on Twitter.
GoDaddy hosts websites and also registers domain names.
internet, hacking, news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela 2 min ago
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament 54 min ago
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos