Just Like Me: The Taylor Family Foundation
During our half-hour special, "Just Like Me," ABC7's Cheryl Jennings brings you the inspirational stories of some of these families - once in crisis - now full of relief and hope because of the Taylor Family Foundation. Plus, we'll learn more about music therapy and how it benefits children battling life-threatening illnesses. The Taylor Family Foundation talks about new plans to not only bring this engaging therapy to camp, but also take it on the road.
FULL SHOW: Watch the entire special here
"As a parent of kids who are sick and knowing what that entails and how much worry and how much stress that can put on your family, the fact that there is an organization out there that can take some of that stress off of you. It's huge."
Zoe Penston, 12-Year-Old Daughter Lives with Rare, Neuromuscular Disease It's name is synonymous with Camp Arroyo, a free camp in Livermore for kids with life-threatening illnesses or life-altering conditions. However, the Taylor Family Foundation does so much more for thousands of families in need. "I think the camp programs are great and I love them and we'll always do them, but helping people in that kind of stress is just a beautiful gift for them, for us, for everybody."
Elaine Taylor, Taylor Family Foundation Co-Founder & Pres. "Just Like Me" premiere's Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. It also airs the following dates and times:
Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 10:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Comcast Channels 195 & 715:
Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 7:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 7:30 a.m.
children, parenting, charities, news, cheryl jennings
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate 8 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos