Leading tech companies battle building LEGO robots
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Legos aren't just for kids anymore.
Some rather complicated creations took center stage today at the LEGO robot challenge in San Francisco.
Teams from Facebook, Pandora, Yahoo, Flickr and Autodesk competed to see who could come up with the best robot design using the new Mindstorms EV3 kit, which will be released in September.
The idea behind the event is to encourage creativity and make engineering more accessible for kids.
robots, facebook, yahoo, pandora, news
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Former SF supe sued; New Sebastopol mayor
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday