7 On Your Side
The secrets to airline travel
Airlines charge more for less comfort but you can still find a lot of deals.
If you're flying instead of driving, www.farecompare.com says you will be paying less for comfort.
With businesses cutting back on air travel, seats are opening up in business and first class cabins causing lots of discounts.
If you are flying coach, there are deals and here are some secrets to cashing in:
Although in this market, waiting till the last minute can pay. And that brings us to all those beloved airline fees. Most airlines are keeping them in effect, even the fuel surcharges and new ones are popping up all the time.
United Airlines has just introduced a new fee to get through security lines quickly. The service was set up for elite travelers, but United will let cheap seaters tag along if we shell out $25.
7 on your side
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos