7 On Your Side
American Airlines increases baggage fees
American Airlines has joined the crowd, on Monday saying it too will increase its checked baggage fees.
The new price is $25 for the first back, $35 for the second. That is up $5 for each bag, so a roundtrip flight with two bags will hit you for $120.
Six months ago it would have cost you about $100. A couple years back it would have cost nothing at all.
The new prices go into effect with tickets bought February 1, 2010.
american airlines, 7 on your side
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap 3 min ago
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea 59 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos