7 On Your Side
American Airlines increases baggage fees
American Airlines has joined the crowd, on Monday saying it too will increase its checked baggage fees.
The new price is $25 for the first back, $35 for the second. That is up $5 for each bag, so a roundtrip flight with two bags will hit you for $120.
Six months ago it would have cost you about $100. A couple years back it would have cost nothing at all.
The new prices go into effect with tickets bought February 1, 2010.
american airlines, 7 on your side
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday