7 On Your Side
American Airlines increases baggage fees
American Airlines has joined the crowd, on Monday saying it too will increase its checked baggage fees.
The new price is $25 for the first back, $35 for the second. That is up $5 for each bag, so a roundtrip flight with two bags will hit you for $120.
Six months ago it would have cost you about $100. A couple years back it would have cost nothing at all.
The new prices go into effect with tickets bought February 1, 2010.
american airlines, 7 on your side
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building 21 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa 37 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos